CANE SYRUP TOASTED COCONUT CHIPS
Delicious toasted coconut chips made with pure cane syrup
- 3 ½ cups coconut flakes (you can either use fresh cut coconut sliced thinly or coconut flakes sold in supermarkets)
- 3 tablespoons Sugarcane Island pure cane syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 300*.
- Combine: Coconut and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Sweeten: Measure out the pure cane syrup and pour over the coconut mixture and stir immediately. Continue to stir until the coconut is evenly coated.
- Bake: Spread the mixture on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes, make sure to stir every 5-7 minutes. When you stir, bring the whiter coconut pieces up from the bottom and rotate the pan if needed. You want to develop an even golden brown color on all the coconut flakes.
- Cool: Allow the coconut to cool and enjoy.